Reels, a new way to create and discover short, entertaining videos on Instagram.
30 Aug 2022
Invites you to create fun short videos to share with friends or anyone on Instagram. You can share with your followers on your feed and if you have a public account, you can share videos to the community or viewers with a wider audience. Because with Reels, it gives you the opportunity to reach new audiences on a global stage. With Reels, you can:
- Be creative
Creative tools that are easy to use and can help you make entertaining videos.
- Reach new audiences
Reach a new, large space in the Reels tab which highlights entertaining, creative Reels.
- Be part of the moment
Create videos of up to 15-30 seconds with trending songs, trends, challenges, travelling, cooking, make-up, anything and be part of a bigger moment on Instagram.
How does it work? LET’S GET STARTED!
Creating Reels, Select Reels at the bottom of the Instagram camera. You’ll see a variety of creative editing tools on the left side of your screen to help create your reel, including:
- Audio: Search for a song from the Instagram music library. You can also use your own original audio by simply recording a reel with it. When you share a reel with original audio, your audio will be attributed to you and if you have a public account, people can create reels with your audio by selecting “Use Audio” from your reel.
- AR Effects: Select one of the many effects in our effect gallery, created both by Instagram and creators all over the world, to record multiple clips with different effects.
- Timer and Countdown: Set the timer to record any of your clips hands-free. Once you press record, you’ll see a 3-2-1 countdown, before recording begins for the amount of time you selected.
- Align: Line up objects from your previous clip before recording your next to help create seamless transitions for moments like outfit changes or adding new friends into your reel.
- Speed: Choose to speed up or slow down part of the video or audio you selected. This can help you stay on a beat or make slow motion videos.
Reels can be recorded in a series of clips (one at a time), all at once, or using video uploads from your gallery. Record the first clip by pressing and holding the capture button. You’ll see a progress indicator at the top of the screen as you record. Stop recording to end each clip.
Sharing Reels, you can share with your followers and can be discovered by the huge, diverse Instagram community on Explore.
- If you have a Public Account: You can share your reel to a dedicated space in Explore, where it has the chance to be seen and discovered by the wider Instagram community. You can also share your reel with your followers by posting it to your Feed. When you share reels featuring certain songs, hashtags, or effects, your reel may also appear on dedicated pages when someone clicks on that song, hashtag, or effect.
- If you have a Private Account: Reels follows your privacy settings on Instagram. You can share to Feed so only your followers can see your reel. People will not be able to use original audio from your reels, and people cannot share your reels with others who don’t follow you.
Once your reel is ready, move your video to the share screen, where you can save your draft. You can change the cover image, add captions and hashtags and tag your friends. After you share your reel, it will appear in a separate Reels tab on your profile, where people can find the Reels you’ve shared. If you also share your feed, your Reels will appear in your main profile grid, although you have the option to delete it.
Whether you have a public or private account, you can share your reels in Stories, close friends, or in direct messages. If you do, your Reels will behave like a regular Story, it won’t be shared to Reels in Explore, won’t appear on your profile and will disappear after 24 hours.
Watching Reels, Reels in Explore showcases the best of trending culture on Instagram. Discover an entertaining selection of reels made by anyone on Instagram, in a vertical feed customized for you. If you love a reel, you can easily like, comment or share it with your friends.
You’ll also see some reels with a “Featured” label. If your reel is featured in Explore, you’ll receive a notification. Featured reels are a selection of public reels chosen by Instagram to help you discover original content we hope will entertain and inspire you.
Reels gives people new ways to express themselves, discover more of what they love on Instagram, and help anyone with the ambition of becoming a creator take center stage.
Now, what are you waiting for?
Build your creativity and create your best content. Get more audiences, grow your community, more interaction and many more advantages.
The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Reels (later.com)
Instagram Reels – Share & Create Short Videos | Official Site